- Published on Tuesday, 24 July 2012 14:22
International Student Admissions
Thank you for your interest in the Ural State Forest Engineering University (USFEU)! We welcome applications from students who live around the world with different backgrounds and with a range of experiences.
- Applicants from Belorussia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan can take part in entrance competition to be enrolled on budget places.
- There are two sets of entrance competition. Applicants who had have related education have to take exams in Russian and Mathematics. The rest applicants have to take three exams according to the chosen course.
- Entrance competition is held as the United State Exam (USE) in the Russian Federation the only in July or as a written paper in the USFEU according to a schedule.
Studying at the USFEU
The academic year in the USFEU runs from September to June and is split into two semesters:
- Autumn Semester: September – January
- Spring Semester: February – June.
Duration of programmes:
- Bachelor degree programmes – 4 academic years;
-Specialist programmes – 5 (6) academic years;
- Master degree programmes – 2 academic years;
- Postgraduate programmes – 3 academic years.
All offered courses are available as full-time and part-time ones.
Enrollment into the USFEU is based on entrance examination results.
If you are interested in a programme you can find its curriculum on the Faculty web-page (a list of Faculties is available on the university page).
Courses are taught in Russian.
Letter of Invitation
To get a letter of invitation to get a student visitor visa to come to the Russian Federation you should:
- complete the application form
- make photocopies of the first two pages in your passport.
You should submit the documents (by mail, fax, or e-mail) to the USFEU Department of International Cooperation.
You will receive the letter of invitation after consideration your documents.
More information on student visitor visas and how to apply can be found in the Russian Embassy in your country. Remember to allow enough time for getting a visa; also travel and accommodation arrangements, which can take longer during the summer when immigration departments are busy. You are advised to apply as early as possible. It takes usually about 2.5 months to get the letter of invitation, that is why you are strongly recommended to submit all the documents not later than 3 months before the study starts.
Key deadlines and dates
Your application should reach the Admissions Office between 20 June and 10 July for full-time study courses, 1 June and 1o August for part-time study courses for entry in the following September. When writing to the University about your application, always state your name and address (as given on your application form) and the code and name of the course for which you are applying.
You are strongly recommended to give yourself sufficient time to complete your application form and ask any questions (if you have) so that your application can be sent to us before the relevant deadline passes.
To sign the Study Agreement an applicant has to pass an entrance competition and submit the following documents to the Admissions Office:
- the Application form on entering the USFEU;
- a national document about your educational achievements, which is recognized as an equivalent to the Russian educational document being appropriate to a chosen programme. The qualification (degree), a list of studied subjects with scores have to be included into the document:
- Undergraduate level (BSс/BA), Specialist: Certificate of Complete Secondary Education or its national equivalent
- Graduate level (MSс/MA): a baccalaureate degree or Specialist Diploma
- Postgraduate level (Candidate of Sciences, Russian equivalent for PhD): Master degree or Specialist Diploma.
(Academic documents should be subject to nostrification. For more information on the nostrification in Russia please visit the webpage of the body on nostrification in Russia http://www.glavex.ru/ru/)
- Notarized translation of academic documents including a list of modules that you have taken, together with the marks and credits achieved;
- a document on equivalency of a national academic document to a Russian appropriate academic degree;
- medical certificate confirming that you are healthy to live in Russia and study at a faculty you are applying to;
- the AIDS test result confirming that you haven’t got AIDS, valid on the territory of Russian Federation;
- passport with the visa and migration card;
- 6 photos 3х4 cm.
The translation of the academic documents into Russian must be notarized in Russia or certified by the Russian Embassy or Consulate in the country where they were issued.
The University has the right to require additional information.
International Cooperation Department
Tel. +7 343 262-96-68