- Published on Wednesday, 26 October 2016 13:53
Exchange student from France Gaspard Amet successfully defended his thesis entitled “Plywood Processing by Drilling and Milling” with an “Excellent” mark, scientific supervisor prof. Ivan Glebov. The thesis project was done within a Double Master’s programme developed by Ural state forest engineering university (USFEU) and Ecole Superieure du Bois (ESB). While studying, Gaspard did his best having an individual academic plan. Today he lives in Moscow getting a good job. Gaspard sees his future in Russia.
USFEU graduate Marina Isavnina is enrolled in the same Double Master’s programme; this year she is preparing to defend her thesis. At the same time there are two exchange students starting their studies: ESB student Antoine Martinon is currently studying at USFEU, and USFEU student Dana Grimberg is studying at ESB, Nantes, France.
- Published on Monday, 24 October 2016 11:23
XI INTERNATIONAL EURO-ASIAN SYMPOSIUM "Wood Science and Technology: technologies, equipment, and management in XXI century" began on September 20 in the framework of the Euro- Asian Forestry Forum. The plenary session at the symposium with Opening Ceremony and a traditional Welcome speech made by Andrey Mekhrentsev, Rector of Ural State Forest Engineering University. The session was held at the exhibition center "Yekaterinburg EXPO". Symposium participants made short presentations at the plenary session.
Assoc. Prof. Natalya Pryadilina, Department of Forest Economics and Business, USFEU, started the short presentations reporting on current tendencies in wood-based industries in Yekaterinburg region. This year the German Houses of Research and Innovation (DWIH) in Moscow provided support for German colleagues to join the event. Anna Savostina, Project Coordinator, DWIH Moscow made a short presentation on Russian-German cooperation. The presentation was followed by three speakers from Germany:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bohumil Kasal, director of the Fraunhofer Institute for Wood Research (Wilhelm-Klauditz-Institut WKI), reported on new developments in wood and natural fiber composite research;
- Prof. Dr. Frank Brodbeck (University of Applied Forest Sciences, Rottenburg) showed potential and utilization оf wood biomass in Germany;
- Dr. Jan Lüdtke (Institute of Wood Research, Johann Heinrich von Thünen Institute, Federal Research Institute for Rural Areas, Forestry and Fisheries) presented a report «Efficient use of resources: Wood composites».
Colleagues from Belarusian State Technological University (BSTU), Minsk, Belorussia, joined the breakout sessions held in the USFEU Academic Council hall. A.A. Grishkevich, Head of Woodworking Machinery and Tools Department shared the new developments in woodcutting tool design. An associate professor from the Department of Wood Product Technology and Design, BSTU, presented the window market research and showed advantages of wooden windows verses PVC-U ones. USFEU scientists and students also presented their reports on the forest engineering, wood processing and decorating. The symposium digest consisting of 71 short papers was published and issued on CD. It is available open access to the full-text electronic version on the symposium site. The digest will be loaded into the Scientific Electronic Library eLIBRARY.RU.
- Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 17:12
May 15 – 17, 2014
- Published on Friday, 23 November 2012 12:59
February 4 – 5, 2014